GPHW offers laparoscopic intervention as a minimally invasive surgical option
At GPHW, we offer laparoscopy as a minimally invasive surgical option. Used for better outcomes and faster recovery time. A laparoscopic procedure involves making a tiny, 1-3 cm incision, much smaller than with open surgery. Then, inserting a laparoscope (a telescope like instrument) that is attached to a camera, light source, and operation channel.
The doctor is then able to see your internal organs. Thus, creating a minimally invasive plan for proceeding with whatever surgical technique is needed.
Some of the advantages of using laparoscopy include:
- A lower hernia rate than with traditional open surgeries
- Lessening of immune system compromise
- Better recovery times. In general women who have this procedure are able to resume normal activity level within 5 days
For gynecological purposes, laparoscopy in useful in multiple cases of treating gynecological disorders.
- Gynecologic cancer staging
- Hysterectomy (uterus removal with or without cervix)
- Myomectomy (fibroid removal)
- Sterilization (tubal ligation)
- Tubal reanastomosis
Not all gynecological conditions can be treated laparoscopically. Call GPHW today and schedule an appointment to find out if laparoscopic treatment is an option for your condition.